Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Website Review #2 - Neave.com

Hey guys! How are you today? I hope you have enjoyed reading my last review because I certainly enjoyed writing it! I am so excited to share my thoughts on another website with you.

Today I will be reviewing the website Neave.com, which again is another personal favorite of mine and has been since my one of my friends introduced it to me way back in high school! Yes, it's actually that good, I can assure you. This website might be unfamiliar to some as it is not as well known, so let me give you a bit of background info to start off.




neave homepage
Neave.com Homepage - Very colourful, curious design which invites the user into a fantastical experience. Simplified look, does not need any explanation.

Neave Interactive is described as a creative and whimsical 'digital playground' which was founded by UK-based digital artist Paul Neave in 1999. The website mostly contains various interactive tools, games, art and experiments that are created by Neave himself. His reasoning behind the idea is to "make stuff that people enjoy" and to provide a form of generalized entertainment that anyone of all ages can participate in. Sounds like a great idea, don't you think? It's definitely the best website that you can go to when you want to kill some time. I think that Neave has done a fantastic job in launching a platform for this kind of entertainment. He is definitely a talented chap and there's no doubt about that.



Going into the website itself is like hopping into a twisted, mysterious fantasy haven filled with bright colours and immense wonder, it's almost as if you are stepping into Neave's curious mind. It's absolutely fantastic, unique and astounding, I have never seen anything quite like it. Some of the current interactive tools that appear on the website include some old-school tic-tac-toe and snake, the mind-boggling Strobe Illusion, the colourful Bouncy Balls and the extremely obsessive Webcam Toy. It seems as if these little games are designed to play with your mind and keep your eyes completely glued to the screen until you forget where you are. It's simply fascinating stuff.

Back in high school, me and my friend would hop onto Neave.com almost every day during break times. Our favorite interactive tool was always the Webcam Toy, where you would take various photos with more than 50 different designs and cool effects to choose from. There were other tools that we played around with too, such as Imagination and Pixel Dust (these two games have since been taken down from the website for unknown reasons) where you would just wave the cursor around and let the magic come through from the blank screen. Strobe Illusion was another game that we played together, where you would literally stare at a black and white optical illusion for 30 seconds without stopping. I bet our eyes were twisted after trying out that one several times! It was really fun to stick around on this site for the amount of time we had in high school and now I'm thinking of calling my friend over to revisit some of the fun memories we had on Neave.com.


neave strobe illusion game
Strobe Illusion game in action. This is definitely one for the eyes. Ouch!

As I have mentioned earlier, yes some of the interactive tools have been taken down from the site for unknown reasons as I remember there used to be more than 8 of them. But things change and old things make way for the new, so I don't have any hard feelings towards Neave's future decisions. I am however very excited to see what he comes up with next, as I really enjoy his work and his creative mind.

My conclusion for this website is that it has a very atmospheric web design with calm, bright colours and an air of curiosity, hardly any viruses and malware to be found as all the interactive tools work and function properly. It is very inviting to the user and would never leave anyone bored at the end of it. Anyone of all ages can try it out for themselves. Neave.com needs no explanation and lets the wonderfully twisted mind of it's creator do all the work. Very clever and inquisitive indeed.

Final Rating: 10/10

There's another review done and dusted for the week! I hope you will catch me again next Monday as I serve up a new one! Don't forget to share your opinions in the comment section! Thanks for reading and see you soon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment